zebra

Monday, February 22, 2016

When it Rains it POURS! 2/22/2016



Man it is Monday again! This month is flying by faster than the last month! This week has been fast! This week I began with going on exchanges. He is a hardworking missionary, the only problem is his desire has kind of died so I had to kind of lead everything. It was a good experience though. We tracted for 4 hours, my legs were completely dead haha, and when we ended, the walk back was uphill and it was pouring rain. When it rains in Whitbank, it comes out of nowhere and it POURS. We have had many lessons this week, alot have been in the townships Phola and Middleburg, so we drove 700 kilos this week haha, were supposed to stay under 500 kilos, but with our zone activity the drive to Pretoria always puts us over. We were at a members house this week and watched the movie HOME, it was a funny movie. We also watched the parliament of South Africa, it was like a circus of everyone just yelling, literally nothing got done haha. Nothing really exciting happened this week, so I'm lost on what to write about, next week i'll go downtown so I can get robbed or something haha. People here will steal anything, they will even open your car door fast and grab something. It is shocking. Well our area is going good, we have 6 people on baptismal date and we are working on reactivating a'lot of people. This upcoming week is the last week of the transfer, my companion and I will most likely stay together at least this next transfer because he is still training me. I've learned alot from him, he is more like a friend from home than a companion. We both love working out and girls ;). Today I bought 3 sweet looking ties so if you or dad are looking at my bank account, just know its all on pizza and ties haha. Something that doesn't normally happen or atleast not that I've heard of happened in our mission. There is an Elder that lives in South Africa, his visa was delayed to the U.S. because he is going to the Provo MTC and then off to Korea. So the past couple weeks he has been a missionary here. So he will be an expert by the time he actually enters the MTC. This week we finally were able to find someone to do service for. We painted a fence for 3 long hours, but I enjoyed every minute of it. The members gave us alot of pap and chicken, if you dont remember what pap is it is stiff porridge, or like maize that you feed animals but here it is grown for human consumption, it is a staple food. Especially for the poorer people. This past Sunday there were 3 homeless men outside of church, members were willing to feed them, Sis Pat who is pretty much the mom of the ward actually took them in until they can get jobs. We gave one a priesthood blessing and then Ill let you know what else happens next week when I find out more. I'm glad to hear everything is going good! Oh yeah! The past two weeks I've had an intestinal parasite, the water here in Witbank is not good at all. I have never felt so miserable in my life. You get stomach cramps, intense pain, and just about everything you can think of. I received medication and now I'm feeling fine. If you want to lose weight, get a stomach parasite haha, just kidding you will regret it. Well I Love you guys! I give my hugs and kisses to everyone, no kisses to guys of course. I'll talk to you guys next week, if you want me to receive an email in time it should be sent like Sunday morning or Saturday night at the latest because of the time difference, and lastly dont be shy about giving my email to cute girls ;). 


He reminded me what time to write him because my email that I had sent him was still sitting in my Out box :(   . Hahah  Poor Kid thought his mom forgot to write him.He did get it an hour later when I realized it. :)

Love you all! -Elder Flanagan the prodigal son  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment