zebra

Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Easter 3/28/2016



 
They do celebrate Easter a little bit different here, they call the past Friday, Good Friday, I'm not sure if they actually celebrate Easter on that day or not. South African culture is sometimes confusing. I think I will get the package this week, because we actually have to go to mission office to get our mail and our Zone leader will be in Pretoria this week. We did have 3 Baptisms this Sunday! Rufaro and her twin Fredrick Jr. as well as Itumeleng. It was a good day, and I didn't have to redo the ordinance, I got it right the first time. I memorized the words in 5 minutes haha. This past week has been good overall. Not many complaints, well not any worth mentioning.      

This week I learned the importance of the Atonement even more than before. The Relief Society president here asked me to volunteer to do push-ups in the third hour. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. She had a bowl of chocolates and for each person she gave a chocolate to, she said, "Elder Flanagan please pay for the Chocolate so and so just had." I ended up doing 220 push-ups. That is 10 for each person. My arms were shaking and I was dead tired. This activity represented what the savior did for us. He suffered so much, whether or not we wanted him to, he did that for us. We need to remember what he did for us and the great magnitude of his love he has for us. I bore a powerful testimony after that left many crying after the lesson. It was a cool lesson for sure! I'm so sore today though. Every muscle in my upper body aches haha, I'm out of shape. That is all that's new this week. I love you guys! Have a great week! Try not to have too much fun without me!
-Elder Flanagan the push-up man.




1 comment:

  1. Just want you to know how proud Grandma and I are of you. The work you are doing is just a blessing. To see you grow as young man into the Leader you are today is very enlightening. Know that you are in our prayers every day.

    ReplyDelete