zebra

Monday, March 14, 2016

The struggles of life...3/14/16

     Sounds like everyone is very buys with their daily lives, especially dad. He was always my role model of a hard worker. Whenever I say I want to go home, I always think of how hardworking Dad is, also, being a missionary is hard, but I have seen how much I have grown in 2 months, I dont want to throw away the person I could be in two years. We get to watch General Conference at our chapel, hopefully. That is if the satellite and everything works, if not we will drive to Pretoria and watch it with our zone. Our ward actually has Elder Cook of the 70's visiting us on the first week of May. That will be very cool if i'm still serving in Witbank. Transfers will be sometime in April, so I guess we will see where i'll be after that. 
        My new companion that I just got Tuesday may or may not be leaving me soon. This week has been very rough. My companion is from Uganda. To put it nicely, he has slowly been killing me. This guy has more pride than anyone I have ever met. I'm not quite sure why they made him my trainer. He thinks of himself as a prophet and a judge sent by God. To judge the people Iv'e grown to love. His second day here, he offends a recent convert and two investigators. Thankfully, I was able to calm them down and correct my companions mistake. Then the next day, all Hell broke loose. They were screaming at my companion, told us they were all leaving the church, etc. This guy is destroying my area, and all of the hard work we have put in. Iv'e tried my very best and prayed to get along with him. This guy there is no reasoning with, he has too much pride. I'm praying so hard he gets transferred this week. He has caused a'lot of damage so far and more to come. I know its a sad thing to say but it's the truth. I'm going on exchanges with our Branch President to visit the people my companion offended to try and make amends with them and help them heal the wounds he caused.  This week has been an emotional roller coaster and a real struggle. Please keep me in your prayers. I need them. .
        Don't let Chelsey kill anyone with that bow and arrow haha, i feel like she could be the next Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games. 
I love and miss you all! Stay safe and continue to enjoy life!
-Elder Flanagan AKA Lady Slayer

No comments:

Post a Comment