zebra

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week 20


Dun Dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN. Week (im not sure).

This week was slow again. It is ok though. My companion and I make walking down the street fun, even if nobody want's to talk to us. This week went to like 1 of the 3 Burger Kings in our mission. It was delicious, especially the Melva Pudding .It is quite nice. 












It was funny this week. We were in Middleburg trying to find referrals we received and finding places in township is hard, no street names and most houses don't have any identification. So we asked a man if he knew where the houses were. Without telling us he just gets in the car and directs us, after awhile we found the house. The funny part is before we even get out of the car he is opening their door and just walking in, he didn't even know them! South Africans always give me a good laugh, they're friendly. 
So transfers are tomorrow. I thought I would be leaving but I guess I'm still in Witbank. The one elder from our district we thought would stay is the only one in the district leaving ,haha. Today we had a zone activity in Pretoria, we had a zone vs zone basketball, rugby, and soccer game. It was a long, tiring, but fun day today. Another reason I'm emailing so late is when we finally got back to Witbank, the power was off for like 2 hours as usual. So we had to wait for the power to come back on. Oh yeah. So on Sunday the whole branch presidency was not at church. So the Stake President rushed to our branch to preside. The Hawkins, me and my companion and strong ward members bore our testimonies to fill up the meeting since it was not planned. I was able to bear testimony about sacrifice, especially after watching Ephraim's rescue. What a good movie! It is amazing how much Latter-Day Saints sacrificed just to go to Zion. Well that was another week in the life of a missionary.
 Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Elder Flanagan

No comments:

Post a Comment