zebra

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

9/26/2016

 So this week has been interesting. As usual most of the appointments cancelled...... but we just gotta keep working. We contacted a referral we received and we went there. Super nice 82 year old lady, we sit down and she offers us water. We drank the water. then she jumps right into it, teach me your message for today! So we were like ok! Began the restoration and it became a back and forth between me and her about doctrines and then finally after an hour she said , "let me go show you something." So then she brings out a thick stack of anti-Mormon material from the internet. Then I just look at my companion and i'm like "well here we go....." So after another hour of defending our religion, we realized that she is too hard headed and set on her religion. She then tried to convert us and tell us she admires what we do but Joseph Smith has led as astray and that we should pray about what we are doing. It was pretty funny. I was just like we will do that for sure. I hit her with a pretty good analogy though. I said that she should not look to the internet to learn about the church, but instead turn to us. I asked her if she was looking for a car, would she go to the Ford dealership to ask about the Chevy cars. of course they will talk trash about Chevy, she was too set on what she found online though. We later learned that shes been taught pretty much everything, and invites missionaries over each year just to basically bible bash. So we will give her one more appointment to soften her heart. Other than that the lessons we had were mainly with members, were still getting to know them all. They are all very funny and loving people here, ill be sad to leave in a week if that happens. This is my 6th week in Pretoria, that's crazy. We had our zone conference on Wednesday, it was pretty good! We had a new couple that are like a doctor and assistant to the area presidency. She talked about how "unique", our situation is. We are one of 1200 missionaries that are in either all of Africa, or the Southern Region. She then talked how we were kept back I think she said 6 Dispensations, and how we were some of the very elect. She then asked us what we did in the pre-mortal life to be given such an honor. That's basically what I remember off hand. It was pretty cool. Life is going good. Its hot!!  Hope everything back home is doing good! I hear Kason gets back this week!!!!!!! Thats crazy, I miss all my friends haha. But most of all I miss my family! Love you guys! Elder Flanagan  



Pap with salads and variety of meats, EAT WITH YOUR HANDS


Zone Conference




Americanos



Worn out shoes from walking 9months!


No comments:

Post a Comment